If the title of this flick isn't enough to at least get your attention, then we're not sure what is. As we come closer and closer to summer, more movies continue to hit theaters as well as streaming. Last Friday, Warner Bros. released the new Angelina Jolie film "Those Who Wish Me Dead" which we'll review for you today. With Jolie back in action, we knew we had to take a look at this film to see what she had up her sleeve. But we want to make sure you don't waste your time, so let us give you our takeaways before you watch it.
Reasons to Sink
- The main conflict in this film involves the leaking of high-level secrets, yet we never learn what those are. Because there aren't any stakeholders explicitly identified as being at risk of being exposed, there's no one for us to care about and we can't fully understand the gravity of the conflict.
- There were certain fight scenes that felt too predictable. They're unbelievable because they seem forced and not how a realistic fight would occur.
- When comparing it to how intense the plot is, the level of action is less than what you'd expect to see.
Reasons to Stream
- Angelina Jolie gives a gripping performance as she masterfully pushes her emotional boundaries and the traumas of her character.
- The intense fire and chase scenes were all executed effectively.
- The film features beautiful cinematography and fierce CGI which complement each other.
Sink or Stream?
So, when thinking about "Those Who Wish Me Dead" and how to review it, we think you should stream it.
We'll admit there are some elements of the story that we wish had a little more context and explanation, but nevertheless Angelina Jolie still impresses us. The rest of the cast brings the heat as well.
And, of course, a lot of heat comes from the raging fire that has everyone looking for the nearest river. The fiery special effects cover the screen with almost no chance of anyone surviving, and it's an experience.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.