The war has finally landed on our doorstep. Well, I guess technically on our future doorstep, but we have to start fighting now! Amazon has just released their new film "The Tomorrow War" starring Chris Pratt as a former Green Beret named Dan Forester. Dan and many other citizens are being drafted to join a battle against aliens who are trying to take over the world in the future. So, in order to preserve his family's future, Dan will have to travel forward in time try to find a way to end this conflict. But, before you consider if "The Tomorrow War" is worth the battle, let's review the facts first.
Reasons to Sink
- This film tries to combine plot elements from various other popular sci-fi films to create a new idea but falls short in delivering anything that's truly original.
- The time travel aspect of the film contradicts itself at times with various events occurring that can't logically be explained.
- With such a potentially catastrophic event at hand, you would expect this film to be a much deeper and more emotional experience.
Reasons to Stream
- Chris Pratt leads the charge into the unknown and he does so with strength and confidence.
- The idea of recruiting people from the past to fight a war in the future is a super interesting concept.
- The CGI alien monsters are terrifyingly fierce and intelligent.
- There are multiple twists and turns to surprise audiences which will constantly have them questioning what will happen next.
Sink or Stream?
So, after giving "The Tomorrow War" our review, we think you should stream it.
There's certainly an argument to be made that this film borrows some ingredients from other spectacular sci-fi films. But that shouldn't mean it diminishes what's being done here. We get to see A-lister Chris Pratt going into "Zero Dark Thirty" mode as he shoots his way through this film, narrowly missing a myriad of explosions.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.