No matter what you say, or what you think, there's not one family in the world that's 100% perfect. Yes, some may be more normal than others. But every family is unique is their own way. And our differences are what make us special. That said, the family in this new Netflix film is VERY "special." Others might use the word dysfunctional, but we're sticking with special. But, because we want to make sure you have all the facts about "The Mitchells vs. the Machines" before you consider watching it, we're here to review it first.
Reasons to Sink
- Due to the otherworldly nature of this film, there are certain details that make for some small plot holes.
- When considering the purposely awkward tone of the movie, some audiences might think the humor can be a bit cheesy at times.
Reasons to Stream
- All of the talented voice actors bring an infectious energy to this film that's beautifully matched by its incredibly vibrant animation.
- The story itself is outrageous and crazy. Yet somehow the themes within the plot make it extremely relatable and moving.
- This is the type of film that's fun for the whole family. And there are characters for every member of the fam to connect with.
Sink or Stream?
So, after our review of "The Mitchells vs. the Machines," we're thinking you should gather your family and stream it together!
It's not an easy undertaking to make an animated film that's fun for all ages. But that's exactly what's been done here. We're not surprised since this motion picture was produced by the same people who made "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" and "The Lego Movie." The movie has explosive animation, extraordinary voice talent, and a resonant story. It's a no-brainer. Go check it out tonight.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.