When all people had to worry about was one day a year without laws, that already seemed like the government was asking for a lot. Now civilians will have to worry about a never-ending purge. Even if this so-called "forever purge" isn't legal, do you think that's going to stop all the extremists and weirdos out there? Neither do we. All folks can do is band together with other people who aren't psychotic and try to stay alive. Their best bet will be to seek out somewhere else for refuge. But where will they go? You'll have to see for yourself. But before you decide whether or not to watch "The Forever Purge," let us tell you what we know.
Reasons to Watch...
- This new addition manages to diversify itself offering a new plot with an interesting dynamic amongst the characters. It offers this new take all without veering away from its original, bloodthirsty appeal.
- The flick is stuffed with non-stop action. There's an endless supply of ammunition being exchanged and a constant rumbling from the booms heard all across the map.
- "The Forever Purge" manages to serve up its iconic inhumane brutality whilst somehow sending a powerful message that shows the difference between being racist and being human.
- Because the story has been told similarly time and again, there are some moments when it feels like the film is just providing more of what we've already seen.
- Since the plot is essentially that the legal system is being overthrown, we would have expected the film to go much darker than it did.
- The film was more political than we would have guessed, given that the franchise lives more by its ability to shock audiences with how sick and twisted things could get.
Watch or Not?
After considering if "The Forever Purge" is worth your time overall, we think you should go watch it.
For fans of the previous films, you'll be satisfied. The film could have pushed the envelope a little bit more given the insanity of the concept. But it met our expectations. All the members of the cast constantly push the plot forward as soon as the alarms start to sound. The name of the game is survival, and they make sure that no time is wasted.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.