In the Conjuring universe, there exists the light and the dark. The heroes of this world are paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. While allegedly pursuing more than 10,000 cases during their career, the Warrens have never backed down from helping someone in need. Keep in mind when we talk about the Warrens, we're talking about real people. These films are based on true stories and the newest film "The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It" involves a man who becomes possessed and kills someone. In order to prove that this man was possessed by the Devil, they'll have to prove that the Devil exists. Before you decide if "The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It" is worth a watch or not, let us give you the facts.
Reasons to Watch...
- Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga are electrifying and provide audiences some exhilarating performances. They show us what the faces of shock and terror truly look like. And their chemistry is undeniably the best it's ever been.
- This film strikes a great balance between planning carefully timed jump scares and telling an incredibly mysterious supernatural story.
- The climactic scenes involving exorcisms and/or angered spirits are all spectacularly extreme. Each one will have you at the edge of your seat.
- This film adds more jump scares for effect, but in doing so it makes them more predictable, and most of them already appeared in the trailer.
- There are so many different themes and elements to the film that some might wish certain areas had more time to be explained.
- With James Wan absent as the director, the movie doesn't quite have that same radiance of spookiness and discomfort that the other movies do.
Watch or Not?
If the question is whether or not you should watch "The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It," then we say go watch it!
It's tough when you're comparing a sequel of a sequel to its predecessors. It's almost guaranteed that you'll be disappointed. But we can't say that's the case here. It may not rank as high as the other films, but it's a welcome addition to the Conjuring universe in our book. Especially given the unbelievable performances from Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and Ruairi O'Connor. They all put their blood, sweat, and tears into these characters. Literally, they look like they're on the brink of dehydration throughout most of the film. Don't miss out on it.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.