March 26, 2021
With the reopening of theaters, new movies are finally sticking to their release dates. Even at reduced capacity, films are still managing to perform decently well. One film that's still in theaters but also hit PVOD today is "Nobody." The film follows a pretty average man who works a 9 to 5 job and is a husband and a father. He claims to be a nobody, but don't be too quick to think you have him all figured out. However, before you stream "Nobody," let us give you our review first.
Reasons to Sink
- There are elements of the plot that are somewhat assumed, which makes the film feel disjointed at times.
- Certain members of the cast have less time on screen than expected.
- It can feel a little too unrealistic that this one man can take on an entire army of villains.
Reasons to Stream
- Bob Odenkirk is absolutely unhinged, and it's incredible. He toes the line perfectly between relentless assassin and suburban dad.
- The fight sequences as well as the shootouts are perfectly choreographed in a way that looks natural even with so much larger-than-life action.
- This film is inventive in its thinking, empowering an ordinary man to become the action hero he was always meant to be.
Sink or Stream?
So, after our time taking in "Nobody," we think you should stream it today.
If you're a fan of Bob Odenkirk's work on "Breaking Bad," just imagine if he played Heisenberg instead of Saul. That's basically how next level he is in this flick. He lets his inner John Wick out, and it's a sight to see.
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.