The day has finally come. Warriors from the Earthrealm and the realm of Outworld will face off for the fate of the world. Just like the war between "Godzilla vs. Kong," this is another battle royale that we've been waiting for. Our favorite characters from this iconic franchise are coming to the big screen to massacre each other. Usually, we're used to being the one who picks their moves for them, but this time it's out of our hands. But, before you decide if the new "Mortal Kombat" is worth watching, check out our review first.
Reasons to Sink
- If you're not really a fan of the games or harsh violence in your action flicks, then this is not the movie for you.
- Because the film centers mainly around fighting, the plot can feel somewhat stagnant at times with little to no background given for most of the characters.
Reasons to Stream
- This brings back all the best elements from the video games, with constant catchphrase callbacks, and beautifully executed character costumes and signature moves.
- The bloody battles and choregraphed kills make for such a thrilling experience that it may feel weirdly sentimental for fans of the games.
- The cast does a great job of embodying these age-old characters and successfully adapting them into live action.
Sink or Stream?
So, after our review of "Mortal Kombat," we think you need to stream this right now!
You should already know this by now but DO NOT watch this with your kids. This bloodstained story is so fantastically merciless that you'll find yourself in multiple wince-worthy moments. The major audience that this film caters to is the hardcore gamers. Those who haven't played the games, but love gore, will still find it appealing as well. Of all the Mortal Kombat movies to date, this one does the games the most justice.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.