If you've never been to Disneyland, then you need to know a couple things. Firstly, you're missing out big time. And secondly, Disney's iconic boat ride has been such a popular attraction that they decided to memorialize it with a new film of the same name. The Skippers you've had in the past at Disneyland were probably pretty funny and charming. But imagine if your tour guide was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson! Well, no need to pinch yourself because he's the one who will be leading this crazy expedition in "Jungle Cruise." Not only that, but he'll be searching for the Tree of Life alongside Emily Blunt and Jack Whitehall. Will they be able to survive this exploit? Will they find this legendary tree? Only time will tell. But, before you decide to watch "Jungle Cruise" or not, we have some things we need to tell you.
Reasons to Watch...
- Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are so charismatic and funny that you could watch them go back and forth for hours. They play off of each other so well and the chemistry between them is so apparent that it captivates you.
- The sheer number of stunts and action sequences will keep you constantly on your toes, trying to anticipate the next escapade.
- There's a ton of beautiful scenery and vibrant CGI that makes this journey feel very real.
- This film is a fun popcorn movie for the whole family and reminds us not to take life too seriously.
- Although there may be certain things about this film that are original, it mostly pulls elements from a few other popular films. It can feel like it's trying to modernize a story that's already been told.
- "Jungle Cruise" tries to do too much by jamming multiple storylines into one. Because of this, certain aspects of the film feel like they're just there for the sake of being there.
- Various parts of the film seem so outrageous and exaggerated that it's hard to take them seriously which in turn makes it hard to care as much.
Watch or Not?
So, as we contemplate whether "Jungle Cruise" is worth a watch or not, we say you should go watch it with your fam.
You can argue that this film mimics plot points and ideas from films like "The Mummy" or the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise. But that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy watching it. Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are the dynamic duo that we never knew we needed. In their Q&A session they even said that the chemistry was instant. And it certainly shows on screen. This is the perfect summer swashbuckler film to just hop in and enjoy the ride, as was the appeal of Disneyland's Jungle Cruise.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.