March 31, 2021
The conflict will finally be resolved. Two monsters. One king. "Godzilla vs Kong" is the event we've all been waiting for and now it's finally here. But who will win?
These two creatures are battling to figure out who the king of the MonsterVerse is. Godzilla can hang out underwater and attack at a moment's notice, but Kong has one heck of a right hook. Depending on where this fight takes place, it could be anyone's game.
Our wonderful Noovie fans who voted said that they're rooting for Kong. We also know that the cast and crew of the film are split on who they've chosen. So, we're here to give you the reasons why you should either sink this or stream it.
Reasons to Sink
- The plot is overcomplicated, and explanations take a back seat to the action, so it can be confusing to understand what's going on aside from the fight.
- Even with such a talented ensemble cast, the film feels somewhat bland as all the human scenes don't have much substance.
- The bulk of this film is CGI fight sequences and explosions, so if you're not into that type of over-the-top action, then you may not like this film.
Reasons to Stream
- The special effects in this movie are otherworldly, showing us multiple alluring settings that all deserve praise.
- All of the fight sequences are overblown in such a fantastic way that these beasts flatten every city and sink every boat that gets in the way of their brawl.
- Though the main focus isn't on the human cast, they contribute some very heartfelt moments that add a certain depth to the film that you wouldn't expect.
- This CGI-heavy blockbuster flick delivers epic destruction for the fans while at the same time adding some very surprising plot twists that give the film some additional intrigue.
Sink or Stream?
Now, if you're thinking about watching "Godzilla vs Kong," we think you should stream it now!
This war of colossal brutes is exactly as extreme as we expected it would be, if not more. We love seeing these giants come to blows as humans stand idly by hoping the Earth won't implode in the process.
Fans wanted the over-the-top action, and director Adam Wingard delivered.
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.