The Fast & Furious franchise continues. This film series has already produced 9 movies so far (including "Hobbs & Shaw) and the 10th film "F9" hit theaters today. For this new addition, they've dropped a bombshell that Dom Toretto's (Vin Diesel) newest adversary is actually his brother Jakob (John Cena). For one, no one even knew he had a brother. And two, this family man is going to have to decide what he'll do when he comes face to face with his younger sibling. Will he implore some tough love, but maybe still find a way to reconnect? Or will he have to do the unspeakable? These questions will get answered, but before you decide to watch "F9" or not, let us give you the facts.
Reasons to Watch...
- "F9" delivers big time with insanely over-the-top stunts. And they're not afraid to blow up any type of vehicle that they have at their disposal.
- Vin Diesel and John Cena engage in a powerful fight and don't hold back any punches.
- Fast & Furious fans will be delighted with the abundance of memorable characters from the franchise. Family is still the biggest part of this film in more ways than one.
- The franchise is known for its ridiculousness, but the non-driving action sequences and various shootouts at times feel so unrealistic that it's tough to take them seriously.
- The storyline veers in so many directions that it can be a bit confusing to keep up with what the real threat is that they're fighting.
- Some of the jokes and characters feel like they've been simplified so much that you may need to laugh at them, not with them.
Watch or Not?
When considering overall whether we think you should watch "F9" or not, we say watch it in theaters this weekend!
Really, what better way to kick off summer than with some fast cars and outrageous action? For fans of the series, this is a film you won't want to miss. It brings the heat and the heart that they franchise is famously known for. And it feels like seeing all your favorite family members at a reunion.
About the Author
Jesse is a writer and content manager for Noovie. When he's not working, he's on the beach playing volleyball.